- Only pay for the amount of lightweight concrete you use.
- Our in-house concrete testing lab and calibrated mixers ensure a quality concrete supply.
- One of the only volumetric concrete suppliers to provide LYTAG concrete in London
LYTAG is a lightweight aggregate that is made from pulverised fuel ash – a waste material created when coal-fired power stations produce electricity. It weighs about 25 per cent less than standard precast concrete and offers many benefits in terms of pouring, producing and transporting concrete. LYTAG lightweight concrete is usually only offered by traditional drum-mixer companies, but, thanks to Rapid Readymix’s state-of-the-art mixers and specialist storage facilities, we are one of the only volumetric concrete mixer fleets in London, Surrey and the South East to supply high-quality lightweight concrete using this lightweight aggregate!
Some of London’s biggest construction projects have been completed using LYTAG. The floors in the Shard, for example, were made using LYTAG so as to reduce their ‘dead load’ by 11 per cent. The historic Kingston Bridge was also widened and strengthened using LYTAG to lessen the weight on the bridge’s arches. Other well-known structures that have used LYTAG include Westminster Bridge, Heathrow Airport, the Natural History Museum and London City Hall.
Some projects will choose LYTAG because they need a lightweight solution, while others will use it for its structural performance (it can achieve a compressive strength of up to 65N).
Types of LYTAG
- Structural Lightweight Concrete: The lightweight and durable aggregate means that contractors can reduce the size of building foundations, construct additional floors and rely on thinner section beams and columns.
- Floor and roof screeds: LYTAG offers a cost-effective and efficient way of making lightweight and thermally insulating floor and roof screeds.
- Structural fill: LYTAG can be used as a structural fill to create structures like ramps or to level out surfaces.
- Refractory uses: The aggregate can withstand temperatures of up to 1050 degrees Celsius, making it ideal for things like flue linings and specialist coatings.
Lightweight concrete from Rapid Readymix
Our volumetric mixers enable us to precisely calibrate our lightweight concrete using LYTAG aggregate, and our storage bays (where all primary materials are kept separate) enable us to keep the LYTAG aggregate in the specific conditions it requires, which is why we’re one of the only volumetric concrete suppliers in the South that can deliver this product.
Fast, efficient and reliable LYTAG delivery
When you order LYTAG concrete from Rapid Readymix, you only pay for what you use. This is because our volumetric mixers are able to precisely mix your concrete to your specification on site, ensuring there is no wastage. If you decide you want to change your mix, we can easily do so. We also do not charge for delivery, and can offer specialist concrete pumping teams to help ensure your concrete is poured as accurately and cleanly as possible. Whether your project is big or small, our large fleet of volumetric mixers means that we can pour concrete efficiently for projects of all sizes.
Here at Rapid Readymix, we’re experts in LYTAG lightweight concrete supply. To see an example of our work using LYTAG, you can read a case study here. To find out more, contact us today.
Read about projects we have supplied lightweight concrete for
We use LYTAG to produce a high quality, consistent lightweight concrete mix
Same/Next Day Delivery
Our large fleet makes us flexible and reliable