1) WAITING TIME. Prices are quoted on the assumption that no reasonable delay in the discharge will occur. Waiting time exceeding the pre-arranged time for discharge will be charged at a rate of £2.50 per minute for the mixer/operator, and at a rate of £4.50 per minute for a pump/operator if one is ordered. We reserve the right to round up waiting time to the nearest hour.
2) ACCESS. Each order is accepted by us on the understanding that your site can be approached by a hard road. Our driver is empowered to refuse delivery if in his opinion there exists a risk of damage. We accept no liability for damage caused to your roads or property or persons or others on site, by use of the vehicle, or harm to our personnel by reason of defects in the access road or negligence on the part of you or your employees.
3) WATER. Extra water affecting strength or workability will be noted on the Delivery Ticket/ Invoice, and is added only at the customer’s request and risk.
4) CANCELLATION. We reserve the right to charge a fee for cancellation 48 hours or less hours before the pour is due to commence. Consignments ordered and delivered to site must be paid for in full.
5) DEFECTS. Our Liability in respect of defects in our ready mixed concrete (including failure to comply with specifications) is limited to the cost of removal and replacement. We can only accept such liability where you can establish that:
a) No additional water or other material has been added to the product after it has been declared by our agent or employee as ready for acceptance.
b) The sample tested has been taken during discharge from our vehicle in accordance with the relevant clauses of BS1881 and BS5328.
c) All sampling, making, curing and testing of specimens has been carried out in accordance with the relevant clauses of BS1881 and BS5328.
d) Test results have been interpreted in accordance with BS5328 or any specification previously agreed by us. It should be recognised that for a well controlled continuous production there is always the slight probability of a result occurring below the compliance limit that it is not normally possible to predict.
e) References to the compressive strength in specifications shall, unless otherwise agreed, refer to compressive strength in concrete cubes, made, cured and tested in accordance with BS1881 and BS5328 by a UKAS approved test house.
f) You have notified us of any result indicating a possible failure to meet the specification as soon as the results are available to you.
g) We have been given the opportunity of investigating any alleged defect and of making any recommendations as to any remedial action to be taken.
6) TEMPERATURE. It is not recommended that concrete is laid in conditions of less than 3o C. The condition at the time of delivery and subsequent curing is the customer’s responsibility. Rapid Readymix will not be held responsible for any delivery below this temperature.
7) CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS. We shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential loss or damage.
8) DELAYS. We reserve the right to suspend or delay, without penalty of any kind, in the event of war, civil commotion, lockouts, fire, fog or any other inclement weather condition, delays in any type of transport, non availability, plant or truck break-down or any accident or other cause.
9) PARKING FINES. Any parking fines incurred by Rapid Ready Mix as a result of delivery to a customer’s site, will be charged in full to the customer.
10) PRICE VARIATION. Quoted prices are based on the cost amount of materials being delivered and labour ruling at the date of the quotation. In the event of fluctuation of cost or amount of material used we reserve the right to make corresponding variations in prices after giving due notice.
11) QUANTITY DELIVERED. All deliveries will be rounded up to the nearest 0.5m3 unless agreed in writing before pour commences.
12) ACCEPTANCE. This quotation is conditional upon acceptance to us within seven days of the quotation date.
13) PAYMENT. Quoted prices apply to payment by cash-on-delivery (COD) or by previously agreed credit arrangements. We reserve the right to refuse to execute any order or discontinue any deliveries if the arrangements for payment or your credit is not satisfactory to us, or if your account is overdue for payment. You may not hold payments due as a lien.
14) CASH ON DELIVERY. The amount indicated on the face of the Delivery Ticket, which is also our Invoice, must be paid to the driver when materials are discharged. Our driver will provide a copy of the Invoice acknowledging receipt of the payment terms COD unless otherwise agreed. All materials remain the property of Rapid Readymix until paid for in full. Rapid Readymix reserves the right to charge 10% on delayed payment.
15) CONDITIONS. Any contract resulting in acceptance of this quotation shall be subject to these conditions of sale and delivery to the exclusion of any conditions which you seek to impose. No variations of these conditions may be agreed except in writing, and signed by a director of Rapid Ready Mix.
16) CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION FEE. A fee may be levied at the discretion of Rapid Readymix to defray the cost of charges made for payments via credit/debit cards.
17) AGREEMENT. The Customer’s signature on our Delivery Ticket shall be deemed acknowledgement, agreement and acceptance of these conditions of sale and delivery.
18) INVOICE COMPLAINTS/QUERIES. Any invoice complaints or queries must be notified in writing within 7 calendar days from date of invoice.
19) GPDR. Rapid Readymix respects your private data and will not contact you for marketing purposes without your express consent, that you may withdraw at any time.
For further information visit https://rapidreadymix.co.uk/privacy-policy