Concrete Delivery – The Rapid Readymix Process
So, you’re looking for concrete delivery for your construction project in London or the South East. On this page, you will find everything you need to know about how to order concrete from Rapid Readymix – from choosing how much to order to working with our teams onsite.
Why order your concrete from Rapid Readymix?
We are the go-to concrete supplier for many building contractors in London and the South East. This is because we deliver high-quality volumetric concrete and great customer service.
Here are some of the reasons our customers choose us for their concrete delivery:
- Our concrete is BSI-certified: Our BSI-certified concrete meets the strict standards of the British Standards Institution, ensuring you receive strong, high-quality concrete.
- You only pay for what you use: As we use volumetric mixers, we mix your concrete onsite, as and when you need it. This means there’s no waste, so you only pay for what you use. Check out our article for more of the benefits of volumetric concrete.
- We have more than eight years’ experience: We know what we’re doing. We’ve been around for more than eight years and have delivered thousands of concrete orders.
- We offer specialist concrete mixes: We have our own in-house testing laboratory, which lets us create specialist mixes, such as waterproof or lightweight concrete.
- We have a large, state-of-the-art fleet: Our fleet of concrete trucks and batching plants features the latest models, so we can provide efficient concrete delivery every time.
- We are competitively priced: Not only do we offer an excellent, efficient modern service, we’ll also match like-for-like quotes!
A step-by-step guide to Rapid Readymix concrete delivery
Here is an overview of the Rapid Readymix concrete delivery process:
1. Work out how much concrete you need
Use our online concrete calculator to work out the rough volume of concrete you need to order. Or call our office for assistance.
2. Order your concrete and choose a delivery slot
Contact our expert team to receive an instant quote or to place your order. You’ll be offered several two-hour timeslots to choose from (e.g. 8am–10am, 10am–12pm, 12pm–2pm and 2pm–4pm).
3. Prepare the site for your concrete delivery
On the day of your concrete delivery, you should prepare your site and make sure there is space reserved for our volumetric mixers and vehicles. We endeavour to deliver your concrete within your allocated slot and always do our best to inform you of any delays.
We use the AGG SMART system to help us keep our concrete deliveries on track. The day before your concrete delivery, our sales and logistics team arranges the delivery route, taking into account local traffic and weather. Your concrete delivery details are then shipped to the driver’s concrete mixer truck (and concrete pump, if required) using AGG SMART. The system navigates our driver to your site, using live traffic data for the best delivery time.
4. Meet the driver and we’ll start the concrete pour
When our driver arrives at your site, they’ll sign off your concrete delivery on the AGG SMART touchscreen tablet and start pouring your concrete cleanly and efficiently. If you need the driver to slow down your concrete delivery or stop pouring at any point, just let them know.
5. Pay for the concrete delivery
Once your concrete delivery is complete, the driver will take your signature on their AGG SMART touchscreen to confirm delivery. You can pay for the delivery then and there, or ask the driver to send a digital invoice to your inbox. If you pay onsite, your driver can print you a receipt or send it to your inbox. Remember, you only pay for the concrete that we deliver.