What is Ready-Mixed concrete? Ready-mix concrete or RMC as it is also known as. This refers to concrete that is specifically manufactured for delivery to the customer’s construction site in a freshly mixed or unhardened state. Concrete itself is a mixture of cement, water and aggregates comprising sand and gravel or crushed stone. Ready-mix concrete is bought and sold by volume – usually expressed in cubic meters.
Here at Rapid Readymix we use a volumetric batching plant, which means the materials are separate when arriving at site and are mixed up on site thus ensuring you only pay for what you use and you get the grade requested this can be altered on site if needed.
On-site concrete mixing is more beneficial. Its eco-friendly and numerous different mixes can be poured off the same lorry because of the precision of the mixture and reduced work on site. Here at Rapid Readymix we also offer a concrete pump so if you have difficult access to your site we can pump the concrete to the area. This is a quick, clean and efficient way to get to those difficult places.
Our 5 Top Tips
- When choosing your concrete for your base ensure you are not using recycled material or ballast as this product has no guarantee to hit strength. This could lead to your conservatory/orangery subsiding or an uneven floor level. Here at Rapid Ready Mix we only use separate materials which are mixed on site to give exact quantity of sand, stone and cement.
- You can ask the concrete company for a ‘Cube Test’. This means testing the concrete to ensure it is hitting the correct grade (there is normally a charge for this service). We test ours on a regular basis to ensure every pour hits the required grade.
- For an orangery or conservatory we would normally recommend a C25 grade or above. However this all depends on the soil and ground below. Always check when ordering your concrete but the architect should specify your mix needed.
- Ensure you don’t get extra charges, such as delivery charges, part load, disposal charges, uncarried or charges for material you don’t use. Here we ensure you get the best prices, no delivery charge, no waste charge and no hidden fees. We excel in customer service.
- If you have difficult access to your conservatory or orangery we can provide a concrete pump. This is a clean, easy and efficient way of getting the concrete to the area needed.